In Part IV from Style Your Post, as we know the power of social media and the credibility social platforms bring to your Blog as well as the flow it directs there, you will know how to embed a tweet on your post or home page or a complete Twitter account. You will also find a little trick of how to size it via HTML.
The below video shows how you can find the visualization of the complete process od embedding a tweet
First, to embed a tweet, using a Twitter Embed Block
- Select the Twitter block from the Embed menu which appears as you click to add a block. Here the popup menu asks for a twitter URL, How to get it??
2. At any tweet, at the top right corner, you can find a small arrow ( v ) like a letter v, if you click on “</> Embed Tweet” a new browser window will popup
3. What appears here above the tweet are HTML code lines that are going to be used in the next step. Scroll all way up the browser window and you will reach the below image
The line starting “https://…….” is the URL you were looking for in step 1.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This applies for any tweet not only a one from your account but the Twitter side menu where you select “</> Embed Tweet ” will look different as in the following screenshot from Deepak Chopra Twitter account ->
Second, To Embed a Tweet using HTML code
- From the block menus select “Formating” menu and from it select “Custom HTML”. The block to the side will appear ->
2. If we return back to Deepak Chopra Twitter account and selected a tweet we want to embed in our post and clicked on the (v) arrow on the top right of the tweet, popup menu will appear as in the IMPORTANT NOTE above
3. Click on “CopyCode”
4. In The “Custom HTML” Block which we had created in our post in step Second.1, Paste the code copied from the Twitter account ->
5. Click on “Preview”, voila DONE
Third, To Embed a Tweet account
- Select the Twitter block from the Embed menu which appears as you click to add a block. Here the popup menu asks for a twitter URL
- Copy the URL address in the browser URL line for any Twitter account you want to embed it in full
- Paste it in the Embed Tweet URL location
- You now embedded a page length block with a scroll through all Deepak Chopra account
BONUS: HTML hack to the block width
- Click the three dots on the end of the top controls tab above the Twitter page you had added
- in the <figure> tag after the class=””, add the following line: Style=”width:150px;”
- 150px is very small but, that’s just a tip and you can scale it as you wish.