In a previous video and tutorial we had seen how to edit a photo by inserting another photo using the frame tool. In this tutorial we shall know together how to replace texture of an element in an image.
You can watch the procedure in the below video:
Subscribe to our Photoshop Tutorial Blog to receive latest Tricks and Tutorials as they are released and to Join Discussions
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel,
Click Here-> OneOfTheSimpleWays
First step, Select and isolate the element you want to edit
- There are a lot of selection tools that we had covered in an earlier tutorial and video. You can check them in the links below:
- We shall try first with the Object Selection Tool .. It is helpful when the area to select is clear.
- Use The add to select from the top menu to add the other elements you want to select. In our case, the remaining cushions
- Drag over the new element, you add to your selection
- After complete adding selections, go to menu>layer>New>New Layer via copy
- Then hide the original image layer using the icon beside it and make sure you are at the new layer via copy by clicking on it in the layers side panel
- Then menu>Windows>Styles
- Navigate through it till reach fabrics or fur
- Select a one that appeals to you and You will find that your cushions are on the new fabric
- Once you had done this, you can find a list of styles added under your layer in the Layers side panel. Those are the Photoshop programmed styles for the fabric effect you had selected
- You can click on any of them and tune it to reach an effect different from the original texture, Give your imagination the way!!
- You can see here in Screenshot -1, we had added a gradient overlay and see an example of the result as below: